A Door to the Mists--Demo
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
[Note: The demo has been updated as of 4 September, 2019. In particular, it should now work properly under Windows! For more detail, see this post.]
Traversal, Puzzles, and Combat in a Heroic-Fantasy Setting
An adventurer with a yearning to explore the inaccessible, misty world of magic hears a tale of a door that opens onto that world, located in a lost city; she embarks on a journey to discover the city and its door, and enter the mist-world. In her journey she will climb, explore, discover, and fight through desolate and dangerous places, seeking out the threads that might lead her to A Door to the Mists.
- Traversal and exploration, with universal mantling
- Puzzle-solving, both in-level and via minigame puzzles
- Combat, sparse and one-on-one
(All found in the options menu)
- You could even, theoretically, play the game with just a keyboard. I really don't recommend it, but you could do it.
- Various difficulty settings, for both minigame-puzzles and combat
- Includes a mode in which combat is automated
- Text-speed controls
- Field-of-view slider
- And a variety of other such options!
Recommended Minimum System Requirements:
- Core i7-5500U 4-Core CPU @ 2.40GHz
- 8GB of RAM
- GeForce 840M, with 2GB VRAM
- 64-bit OS
The above is based on my own machine; the game may work on less-powerful devices, but it may not, too.
- Undocumented feature: press "m" to toggle whether the mouse is confined to the window or not. (By default it is confined.)
- Undocumented feature: press "f" to toggle the frame-rate meter.
- On first run, the game starts in windowed mode with a default resolution--the resolution can be changed and fullscreen toggle via the options menu.
- To use a gamepad, select the "Gamepad" key-binding profile from the options menu--or, with the gamepad connected, bind the inputs individually as you prefer.
- Music sometimes doesn't play from the start of a cutscene, instead picking up shortly into it.
- Occasional speed-hitches have been observed, especially at the start of a level.
- Graphical glitches (in particular missing foliage) have been observed under Windows. These might be rectified upon saving and reloading the level.
- In level one, if one saves after defeating the first mummy and reloads, said mummy will be placed slightly above the ground
|Tags||Action-Adventure, Exploration, Fantasy, jumping, Magic, Swords|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Twitter, Blog, Homepage|
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.